Construction Approvals

Most construction requires council approval.

Although Development Consent may have been issued, there are a number of matters to consider before construction work starts on site.

Ensure that:

  • All relevant approvals have been approved (ie. Construction Certificate, local government s68 approvals)

  • Relevant insurances and permits are obtained (Home Warranty Insurance and Owner Builder Permit)

  • Environmental and site controls are in place such as hoarding, sediment fencing, appropriate signage, site office and induction where appropriate

  • A Certifying Authority has been appointed to undertake inspections

Other approvals may be required to carry out any water supply, sewerage and stormwater drainage work (s68 Local Government Act 1993) or work in the Road Reserve such as driveway crossings or stormwater outlet to the kerb (s138 Roads Act 1993).