Opportunity to Address Councillors
Public Forums (Invited Presentations and Have Your Say)
Council holds a Public Forum prior to each Council meeting for the purpose of hearing submissions from members of our community on items of business to be considered at the meeting (Have Your Say) and for invited presentations. The Public Forum is not webcast (live-streamed) or recorded. The public are welcome to attend. For Ordinary Council Meetings, invited presentations take place at 3pm on the day and "Have Your Say” takes place at 3:30pm on the day.
Have Your Say
- Public access will only be granted for items listed on the agenda.
- Each address will be limited to a maximum of two (2) speakers for and two (2) speakers against the agenda item.
- The address is to be no longer than five (5) minutes.
- Councillors may question the speaker following completion of the address, however speakers are under no obligation to answer questions.
- Requests to "Have Your Say" must be submitted by 12 noon on the day prior to the meeting, and must identify the item of business on the agenda, and whether the address is ‘for’ or ‘against’ the item.
- To apply to address Council you must complete the Form
How to register to attend
- Requests to attend (as a non-speaking member of the public) must be submitted by 12 noon on the day prior to the meeting. Requests are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Council has limited seating available to the public and as a result it is possible that not all requests will be able to be accepted.
Community groups and organisations - Invited Presentations
- Expressions of interest are invited by community groups and organisations and Commonwealth and State bureaucracies to brief Council on salient issues via presentation.
- Expressions of Interest to present to Council must be received by the Mayor seven (7) days prior to a Council meeting. Confirmation of successful expressions of interest will be advised by the Executive Office.
- A maximum time limit of 15 minutes per presentation is applied, and there is a limit of two (2) presentations per meeting.
- If the presentation is required to be electronically displayed on the projector screen, all presentation material is to be emailed to the Executive Office by 12 noon the day prior to the Council meeting.
- To register your group’s interest in a presentation email email@example.com