Opportunity to Address Councillors
Public Forums (Have Your Say)
Council holds a Public Forum prior to each Council meeting for the purpose of hearing submissions from members of our community on items of business to be considered at the meeting (Have Your Say). The Public Forum is only held if community members have registered to speak. The general public is welcome to attend and the Public Forum is also Live Streamed on Youtube, via Armidale Regional Council’s youtube channel. For Ordinary Council Meetings "Have Your Say” takes place at 3:30pm on the day.
There are no speakers registered for the Ordinary Council Meeting being held on Wednesday 29 June 2022, therefore a Public Forum will not be held.
Have Your Say
- Public access will only be granted for items listed on the agenda.
- Each address will be limited to a maximum of two (2) speakers for and two (2) speakers against the agenda item.
- A person may apply to speak on no more than one (1) item of business on the agenda of the Council meeting unless express permission has been granted by the Mayor and General Manager.
- The address is to be no longer than five (5) minutes.
- Councillors may question the speaker following completion of the address, however speakers are under no obligation to answer questions. Answers by the speaker are to be limited to two (2) minutes.
- Requests to "Have Your Say" must be submitted by 12 noon on the business day prior to the meeting, and must identify the item of business on the agenda, and whether the address is ‘for’ or ‘against’ the item.
- To apply to address Council you must complete the Form