Did you know that microchipping, registration and an identity tag are requirements for both dog and cat owners under the Companion Animals Act?
Microchip Implants are available from the Animal Shelter during open
hours and by appointment outside of open hours. Dogs and Cats over the
age of 12 weeks must be protected by permanent identification (microchip
implant). Cost of microchipping through the Animal Shelter is $35.00.
A dog or cat may not be sold or given away unless it is first micro
chipped and details of the new owner placed onto the NSW Companion
NSW Pet Registry
Fees for Dogs and Cats
- Standard non desexed $216
- Desexed animals $60
- Pensioner for desexed animals only $26
- Animals not desexed but kept by recognised breeder for breeding purposes $60
- Desexed dog sold by eligible pound or shelter $30
- Desexed cat sold by eligible pound or shelter $25
Fees as per the Companion Animals Regulation 2018 - Clause 18 - Registration Fee
Further information on Companion Animals legislation is available here.
Need to change your details?
Change of ownership or address form (PDF 224.1KB)
Microchip and Register your pet (PDF 2.5MB)
Your dog your responsibility (PDF 229.8KB)
Published on 19 Feb 2016