Compliments and complaints

Customer Request

If you need assistance or wish to report an issue with a Council service you can lodge a customer request.


If a Council officer has provided you with excellent service or if you have had a positive experience dealing with Council please let us know by lodging a customer request. This request by default is not marked as confidential, however you may choose to make it confidential on entry.

Please provide as much information as possible, including the staff member's full name so Council can pass the information on.

Armidale Regional Council encourages excellence and recognises this across the organisation.

Please note:
Council has a strict policy on gifts and benefits and the best way to thank a staff member is by sending an email to Council.  Council will ensure the staff member is recognised internally.


Council is committed to dealing with a complaint or concern promptly and impartially. Please email Council to lodge a complaint or concern.

Please note:
If your concern is to request a Council service, like a pot hole, dumped rubbish or barking dog please lodge a Customer Request.

Complaints to the NSW Ombudsman
If we have not been able to resolve your complaint, and you believe we have done something wrong, you may be able to take your complaint to the NSW Ombudsman: 
To see when and how you may be able to make a complaint to the NSW Ombudsman visit: