Inspections & Certifications

A Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) must be nominated prior to commencement of works if your building works are subject to a Construction Certificate (PDF 511.9KB) or a Complying Development Certificate. (PDF 557.9KB) The role of a PCA is to undertake critical stage inspections of the building work and upon satisfactory completion of the project, to issue an Occupation Certificate. 

If you wish to appoint Council as the Principal Certifying Authority for your building work, please complete the Principal Certifying Authority Form. (PDF 244.1KB)

What does Council need to know if I am using a Private Certifier? 

If Council is not the PCA you still need to notify Council who the private certifier is and when you intent to start work. In part, this is to direct any enquiries relating to the project to the appropriate authority. To notify the council please fill in the Principal Certifying Authority Form. (PDF 244.1KB)


For information on Inspections & Certifications contact Council on 1300 136 833.