Council has provided several off leash exercise areas within Armidale and Guyra for the use of dog owners and their pets. All are equipped with
appropriate waste disposal including poo bags and water points.
Leash Free areas are designed to allow pet owners to exercise their
animals without a leash in an open environment where they are not likely
to impact on other recreational area users. It must be remembered
however that owners are still required to be able to control their dog
before releasing them for exercise and they must clean up after their
Leash Free Exercise Areas in Armidale are located at:
- Southern end of Taylor Street (PDF 4.3MB) behind Moran Oval (Fenced)
- The section of the parkland between Taylor Street at the Wicklow Fields causeway (PDF 2MB)and Erskine Street (Partially Fenced)
- Charlston Willows Recreation Area (PDF 1.7MB) approximately 5 kilometers north of town on the Rockvale Road.
- Pedestrian walkway (PDF 1.7MB) west from Niagara Street (behind Brogan Street) to UNE
- Shambrook Avenue (Fenced)
Leash Free Exercise Area in Guyra is located at:
1. Leggo Park, Guyra
Published on 19 Feb 2016