Northern Settlement Services provides settlement support to eligible Migrants and Refugees in the New England area.
The Settlement Grants target group comprises permanent residents who have arrived in Australia during the last five years as:
- Humanitarian entrants
- Family stream migrants with low levels of English proficiency
- Dependents of skilled migrants in rural and regional areas with low English proficiency.
Select temporary residents (Prospective Marriage, Provisional Partner, Provisional Spouse and Provisional Interdependency visa holders and their dependents) in rural and regional areas who have arrived in Australia during the last five years and who have low English proficiency also fall within the target group.
NSS provides Migration support across a range of visas to individuals or business owners through our registered migration agents based in Newcastle. Most migration advice requires a fee for service above the cost of the visa application costs charged by the Australian Government.
Other NSS supported services provide in the New England area include:
- Multicultural Women’s Group meets weekly during school term
- Cultural awareness training
- Outreach and case work services across the New England area including Inverell and Moree
- Convenes and facilitates the New England Multicultural Interagency
- A key partner in the offering of a weekly after school Homework Program offered to eligible Migrant and Refugee public school students
Judith Roberts Settlement Grants Project Worker - Armidale
141 Faulkner Street Armidale NSW 2350
P: (02) 6771 3975 I M: 0431 464 540 I Free Call: 1800 813 205
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
for more information.
Published on 23 Feb 2016