Galloway Children’s Centre pre-schoolers have claimed a trifecta in the 2019 waste>art & design competition, after winning the People’s Choice Award.
More than 150 visitors voted for their preferred art work in this year’s competition, and the Galloway children’s creation was a clear favourite.
Their entry, From this to this, won the Preschool Category and was awarded the Northern Inland Regional Waste InspireUs award. The children created two landscapes from recycled materials that show what happens when you care for the environment versus the results of climate change and the effects of drought.
Galloway has been working hard on developing and implementing an Environmental Strategy over the past 12 months, providing meals to reduce lunch box waste, composting scraps and using biodegradable nappies and bin liners, as well as operating a worm farm.
In response to water restrictions currently in place for Armidale and Guyra town water customers, staff and children have been reading stories about being more water wise and how to save and recycle water.
Congratulations to all entries and the winners in this year’s competition:
- Preschool category winner: Galloway Children’s Centre
- Primary School category winner: Martins Gully Kindergarten
- Secondary School category winner: BackTrack
- Community category winner: Phoebe Hillard
- Community category Runner-Up: Berdin Warne
- Community category Runner-Up: Liam Thorsteinsson
Published on 17 Jun 2019