The Sewer Main Relining is in the third year of a three-year contract with Interflow Pty Ltd and the works consist of installing a liner (new pipe) inside the host or existing pipe between Sewer Manholes. From CCTV footage of the sewer mains we can determine the condition of the pipe and target the sections that require upgrading. This method involves very minimal digging only requiring some point repairs to allow the liner to be installed. Relining is non-invasive and avoids large restorations and disruptions to the sewer system. They will be replacing approx 6km of Sewer main at various locations throughout Armidale and selected locations in Guyra.
- Cleaning & Pre CCTV crews have commenced work
- Lining crews began work on 26 October 2017 and are in the final stages of the project
- CCTV contractor FlowPro have cleaned & condition assessed over 100 lines to date, mostly in Guyra and some in Armidale
- CCTV contractor resumed work in Guyra on 5 March 2018 and will continue CCTV condition assessment of all Guyra’s sewer mains, then move to Armidale to assess approximately 20km of sewer main plus 5km of storm water pipe
- Interflow has installed all the liners and is currently finishing off junction seals which is expected to be complete by the end of November 2019
Published on 04 Oct 2017