Sustainability Awards (Keep Australia Beautiful)
- Armidale Dumaresq - Overall NSW Sustainable Communities Award 2013
- Armidale Dumaresq - National Award for Resource Recovery and Waste Management 2013
- Armidale Dumaresq – National Award for Community Action and Partnerships 2013
- Armidale Dumaresq – National Runner up Water Conservation 2013.
- Armidale Dumaresq – National Runner up overall most Sustainable Community 2013.
- Office of Environment and Heritage: “Contribution to outstanding business sustainability achievements” Under the Sustainable Advantage Program - Council is a Bronze partner
- Winner - Urban Landcare Award Hi-Cub – High Country Urban Biodiversity 2013 Border Rivers- Gwydir Regional Landcare and Catchment Management Awards
- Winner – Local and Regional Agency Landcare Partnerships Award 2013 Border Rivers- Gwydir Regional Landcare and Catchment Management Awards
Tourism and Economic Development
2016 Northern Inland Innovation Award – Retail, Tourism and Leisure
- Winner - New England High Country Councils
“My Favourite Corner” tourism campaign
- Smart21 Community Award 2016
Armidale received an international accolade from the Intelligent Community Forum being named in the Top 21 Smart Communities in 2016. ICF (Intelligent Communities Forum) is an international think tank which studies and promotes the best practices of the world’s most intelligent communities as they adapt to and seize the opportunities presented by the advancement of technology. Their mandate is to help cities build prosperous economies, solve social problems and enrich the lives of those who live there.
The Armidale ICF application was a collaborative effort by the Armidale community, co-ordinated by Council (Harold Ritch – Project Manager Economic Development) and with input from the Armidale Digital Economy Implementation Group (DEIG), headed by Alun Davies as Chair and Co-ordinator, and support from a host of agencies and businesses from that group including RDANI (Nathan Axelsson), UNE (Tony Sorensen), NSW Dept Industry (Peter Sniekers) and the Armidale business community.
- On release of the Regional Competitiveness Index by the Regional Australia Institute, June 2013
“Australia has country towns that are as vibrant, innovative and strong as some of its bigger cities and, in some cases, they’re even better placed to thrive and succeed in the future. The University town of Armidale on the New England Tablelands in NSW, and the southern Tasmanian region of Kingborough are the most resilient, innovative and highly skilled places in regional Australia”
- Source - The Australian
- Prestigious IABC Gold Quill International Excellence Award for Excellence in Research to evocities, of which Armidale Dumaresq Council is part.
- Armidale is listed in the top 100 greatest hidden gems – “100 incredible Travel Secrets of Australia (Australian Traveller Magazine 2013)
Australian Mobile Awards Winner - Travel Guides - Experience The Highs iPad App 2012
Published on 06 Jun 2017