We are exploring every opportunity to transform the organisation into a progressive regional council that gets things done and positions the region for the long term.
Our transformation program, dubbed ARC 2022, is embracing new technology and other opportunities to help us operate more efficiently and cost effectively.
We have already achieved substantial improvements in our budget bottom line through ARC 2022 transformation projects, which range from small adjustments to how we work through to sweeping changes.
Many of the projects embrace technology to help us serve our residents and achieve our goal to deal with 80% of enquiries at the first point of contact.
ARC 2022 is focused on continuous improvement, to boost our customer service and our ability to meet the needs of our community.
ARC 2022 projects include:
• Developing an Armidale Regional Airport Business Park
• a 21st Century Libraries Strategy to make the Armidale region’s libraries more vibrant hubs where people can learn, join in group activities or just meet friends
• initiatives to boost the services, profile and attendance numbers at the Monckton Aquatic Centre and Guyra swimming pool
• a comprehensive review of Armidale Regional Airport operations and its management model
• eNotices options for ratepayers to receive their rates notices and water bills electronically
• touch pads at Council customer service areas for customers to access Council services and complete financial transactions online
• improved energy efficiency at Council facilities
• implementation of a Smart Parking Strategy to improve the availability of parking in the Armidale city centre
• a bridge and causeway renewal program
• a strategic plan for the operation and upgrade of the saleyards at Armidale and Guyra
• review of Council’s organisational structure
• a professional development plan and Safety Excellence Program for Council staff
Published on 06 Aug 2019