The New England Festival - previously known as the Armidale Autumn Festival since its launch 27 years ago- has undergone a name change to better embrace the whole region.
The beauty of autumn and amazing colours of our region will be further celebrated with a new event, the Colour New England Street Arts Festival on Saturday 6 April. Council is supporting this community driven initiative to give our local artists centre stage - the visual artists, musicians, theatrical performers and artisans.
New England Festival - March 16
This year's theme - International Heritage of New England
Float - Grand Parade
A community favourite street parade where local businesses, organisations and schools decorate floats in the chosen theme. The theme for 2019 is 'International Heritage of New England'.
Float application form (PDF 322.5KB)
Band application form (PDF 290.6KB)
Saturday 16 March
- 7am - Breakfast with the Armidale City Band (Civic Park)
- 11am - Massed pipe bands in the Mall
- 12.30pm - Grand parade. There's a new route this year so look out for the best spots! Route will be publicised closer to the event
- 2pm - 4pm - Quintet Competition at the Mall Stage.
- 4pm - Massed pipe bands and Burns Highland Dancers in the Mall
- 4pm - 6pm - Culture vibes and international food vendors.
- 6.30pm - 7pm - Pipe Bands mini concert
- 6.30pm - Australian Army Band Concert at Armidale Servies Club - fundraiser for Drought relief. Tickets available at Armidale Servies Club or online. Book early to avoid disappointment.
- Live and local music on the Mall stage throughout
- Quilting and Needlework Exhibition (16 - 17 March)
- Gem show (16 - 17 March)
- Northern Inland Football Gala weekend (16 - 17) March
- Rugby Knockout Carnival (16 March)
Fire & Rescue NSW Regional Firefighter Championship
The 1st Fire and Rescue NSW Regional Firefighter Championship of 2019 is being held in Armidale on the weekend of the 16 and 17 March at Jack Valance Oval - 191 Dumaresq Street. The Championships showcase the skills and expertise a modern firefighter uses every day, be it attacking a fire or responding to a major emergency. See firsthand just how firefighters respond to emergencies and pick up vital fire safety tips to help prepare and prevent fires and emergencies before they happen.
All times will be advertised in the program available on the website or from the Council’s customer service team and the Visitor Information Centre
Published on 30 Jan 2017