NOMINATION CATEGORY INFORMATION
Nominations will only be accepted for individuals, organisations or groups based in the Armidale Local Government Area.
Only one nomination per form, to be completed and returned by Sunday 4 December 2022.
Citizen of the Year (over 25 years of age at 26 January 2023)
This award recognises an outstanding member of the community for their personal endeavours and contribution to the community or to a group within the community. For example:
- How has the nominee made a significant contribution to the community?
- How have these contributions been of benefit to a range of people within the community?
Young Citizen of the Year (must be under 25 years on 26 January 2023)
This award recognises an outstanding young member of the community for their personal contribution to the community. For example:
- How has the nominee been a positive role model for younger people in the community?
- How has the community benefited from the activities of the nominee?
Senior / Elder Citizen of the Year (must be 60 years and over)
This award recognises the continuing and ongoing efforts of a person and the contribution they have made to the community. For example:
- How have the person’s activities been of benefit to the community as a whole?
- How has the ongoing contribution raised the profile of the community or has contributed to an inclusive society?
Community Service Award
This award recognises the efforts of individuals and members of not-for-profit groups and clubs that have made a significant contribution to the community. For example:
- How have the activities undertaken been of benefit to the whole community?
- How have these activities raised the profile of the community?
Sportsperson of the Year
This award recognises a person who has excelled in their chosen sport and through their participation has inspired and encouraged others. For example:
- What personal bests have been achieved or sports awards won?
- How does the nominee demonstrate good sportsmanship?
Art, Drama or Music Award
This award recognises an individual or group who have made a significant contribution to the advancement of art Drama or Music in the community, or have excelled within their chosen artistic field. For example:
- How has the nominee brought art, drama or music to the broader community?
- How has the nominee developed a stronger community through art, drama or musical activities?
Environmental Citizen of the Year
This award is for individuals or organisations championing environmental initiatives in the community. For example:
- How have they contributed to preserving the environment?
COMPLETED FORMS MUST BE RETURNED BY 5PM SUNDAY 4 DECEMBER 2022
** No nominations will be accepted after this date and time **
Australia Day Awards are addressed to the ARC General Manager and can be posted, emailed or delivered in person.
In person at: Armidale Regional Council, 135 Rusden Street, Armidale
Armidale Regional Council (Guyra Office), 158 Bradley Street, Guyra
Post to: PO Box 75A, Armidale NSW 2350
Or email: email@example.com (ATTN General Manager Australia Day Nomination)
If your nomination is accepted by the Nominee, they shall be invited to attend the official Australia Day Awards Ceremony for the Armidale Local Government Area, to be held in Armidale on Thursday 26 January 2023, where the winners for each category shall be announced.