Armidale Regional Council libraries will get particularly animated and just a little bit creepy during the July school holidays.
Creepy Crawly Critters will be the theme for a number of holiday activities at Guyra Library:
• Monday 9 July - Creepy Crawly Storytime and Craft 10.30am
• Friday 13 July – Colouring-in spiders / creepy crawlies / insects galore 2pm
• Monday 16 July – Creepy Food Creations for ages 8 to 14 (please advise of any food allergies on booking) 10.30am
• Thursday 19 July – Creepy Crawly Critters Lego 11am
In addition, Guyra Library will screen the film Peter Rabbit on Thursday 12 July at 10.30am and will host a day of poetry workshops for kids with local author Sophie Masson on Wednesday 18 July from 10am.
Armidale Library will hold cartoon workshops on Tuesday 17 July for young people interested in cartoons and how they are made. Actively experiment with different types of animation techniques while learning about the processes of the industry.
Children aged 8 to 13 and keen to learn to draw in a Disney/Pixar animation style can attend a workshop with professional illustrator Danny Stanley from 10.30am to noon.
A cartoon animation working for participants aged 11 to 18 will then be held from 1.30-4.30pm. Learn about the production of animation with a hands-on class that will teach skills in cartooning and storytelling. The practical activity will produce an animation to be projected onto the walls of Tamworth during Fiesta La Peel. Experience the magic of creating pictures that move. Activities in the class will include experimenting with rotoscoping, cartooning and 2D animation techniques.
Prior skills are not necessary but bookings are essential for both cartoon workshops.
Other holiday activities at Armidale Library:
• Tuesday 10 July – Lego 10.30-11.30am
• Wednesday 11 July - Naidoc Week Aboriginal Storytime and craft 10-11.30am
• Wednesday 11 July and 18 July - Board games with Pathfinders Ability Links (all children welcome) 4-5pm both days
• Thursday 12 July - Coding, Art and Sphero Robots! Learn basic coding and paint with a robot! Bookings essential 11am-noon and 3-4pm
• Thursday 19 July - Recycled art – Use your imagination to make a masterpiece using recycled materials. 10.30-11.30am
Published on 29 Jun 2018