Stronger Communities Fund Community Grant Program now OPEN for applications
The Stronger Communities Fund has been established by the NSW Government to provide new councils with funding to kick-start the delivery of projects that improve community infrastructure and services.
The community grant program has allocated $1 million in grants of up to $50,000 to incorporated not-for-profit community groups within the Armidale Regional Council Local Government Area, for projects that build more vibrant, sustainable and inclusive local communities.
To be successful for funding, community projects must meet the following criteria:
- deliver social, cultural, economic or environmental benefits to local communities
- address an identified community priority
- be well defined with a clear budget
- demonstrate that any ongoing or recurrent costs of the project can be met by the community group once grant funding has been expensed
- the organisation must demonstrate the capacity to manage funds and deliver the project.
Armidale Regional Council is now calling for applications from incorporated not-for-profit community groups. The closing date for applications is 5pm Wednesday 30 November 2016. Armidale Regional Council Stronger Communities Fund Guidelines (PDF 4.1MB) and Application FORM (PDF 999.2KB).
Round 1 Community Small Grants Program 2016/17 is now CLOSED
Armidale Regional Council's Community Small Grants are offered twice a year in September and February. Not-for-profit organisations from within the Armidale Regional Council LGA can submit an application. Council can provide assistance through the small grants program for applicants seeking up to $1000. Click here for more information: Armidale Regional Council's Community Small Grants Program R1 2016/2017
Published on 15 May 2016